Monday, February 7, 2011

A Wrench in the Works

I'm kind of stalled. I discovered that only people who've made the cheerleading team attend cheer camp. Hmmmm. Neither one of the characters that I want to send to camp have tried out for the team yet. And it's important, particularly for the mc, that they haven't tried out and made it prior to the story's ordinary life.

So I'm kind of stuck. I'm letting it all boil and simmer and settle and stew before I write it - the camp scenes. I don't like it when this happens...this waiting...and puzzling...confused. Yet I love it. I love the process of it. I'll get so frustrated and discouraged. And then I'll be doing something totally unrelated - like watching a show - and it will all hit me - completely and beautifully formed. And crystal clear. But in the meanwhile it kind of stinks. Such is the recipe of writing and, I suppose, of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment