Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends...

So, I've been agonizing over this cheer camp dilemma, and one of my best friends on the planet reminded me that universities will often have several different camps going on at once. She suggested having my main character attend band camp. I need to have my main character pushed into something her mom thinks will shoot her into instant popularity. Unless things have changed greatly in the five million years since I was in high school, I'm afraid band camp wouldn't be 'cool' enough.

This suggestion; however, did bring to mind the great idea of having her meet her band geek boyfriend/catalyst at camp. This way, the main character's love interest will have more of a role in the story. I'm not sure this will work, but this suggestion, from a fellow writer, and a person I love so dearly, shows once again how desperately we all need one another. Creation truly cannot happen in a vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment