Friday, October 14, 2011

New Resolve

So, the fall conference on Mackinac Island really got me thinking. I need to make this writing thing a definite priority. I say it's a priority, but I waste time on facebook...and watching stupid tv shows. I need to start submitting my stories. And getting my rewrites finished. I've worked every day since the retreat. My office is officially an office - no longer an office/guest bedroom.

As far as writing goes, I've learned to take out the obvious dialogue and use my Darcy workbook to record the plot and character arc. It's a constant struggle. And a journey. But it's worth it. Because the prize is huge - following my dreams, fulfilling my heart's desire, and finding a new way to speak to children.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Cathy! I'm on board too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you're more resolved. I need to be too. I'm reading too many blogs.

    ReplyDelete